The CKM Mortgage Trust ARSN 090 880 890 is a managed investment scheme registered under the Corporations Act 2001. Its predecessor, the CKM Investment Unit Trust, was established in 1985, acting as a pooled fund for superannuation fund clients of Millar Partners, Chartered Accountants, and later opened to other investors.
Sydney Wyde Mortgage Management Limited ABN 19 090 567 150 AFSL 245506 is the responsible entity (trustee) of the Trust. Sydney Wyde replaced CKM (Mortgages) Limited, a company associated with Millar Partners Pty Ltd, as the responsible entity and trustee on 1 July 2016.
The CKM Mortgage Trust has:
- a constitution (trust deed) that complies with the legislative requirements and, amongst other things, sets out the responsible entity's duties in relation to unitholders;
- a comprehensive compliance plan lodged with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission;
- an independent compliance committee that includes two external expert compliance members;
- an independent compliance officer;
- a detailed operations manual;
- a current product disclosure statement;
- a custodian, Perpetual Corporate Trust Limited, appointed to hold the assets of the Trust as agent for the responsible entity.
In addition, Sydney Wyde holds an Australian financial services licence number 245506 permitting us to act as the responsible entity of the CKM Mortgage Trust and is subject to the regulatory requirements of that licence. We also hold an Australian credit licence number 245506 and have professional indemnity insurance cover of $5m.
We meet ASIC benchmarks for the valuation of the Trust's mortgages by requiring all valuers that we instruct to be independent and a member of an appropriate professional body in the jurisdiction in which the security property is located. We appoint a panel of valuers and all valuations must be under the instructions given by us or by solicitors acting on our behalf. We require our panel valuers to hold appropriate professional indemnity insurance.